Scholarship Application Guidelines
“What My Italian Heritage Means to Me”
There will be two scholarships awarded this year for $500.00. The winner will present his/her essay to the society at the July meeting. The deadline for submission is Friday, May 31, 2019. Any essay postmarked (USPS) after the deadline will not be eligible for this year’s review. It may be submitted the following year.
- must be a relative of a dues paying member of the IAHS of Birmingham, AL.
- must be a high school senior accepted at a college or currently enrolled in school at the college level.
- submits a cover page with a resume that includes his/her name, age, USPS mailing address, email, cell phone number, current year in school, high school attended or currently attends, school and community activities, and the name of the relative who is a member of IAHS.
- submits college information that includes the name and address of the contact person in the financial aid department.
- provides the last four digits of his/her Social Security Number, which is used to identify the applicant’s essay for anonymous review by the selection committee. The selection committee will not see the cover page with personal information. The cover page should be a separate page from the essay
- writes and submits an essay of at least two (2) pages (typed, Times Roman, 12”, double spaced) explaining the topic, “What My Italian Heritage Means to Me.”
- mails scholarship application on or before May 31, 2022 to:
Italian American Heritage Society
P.O. Box 381441
Birmingham, AL 35238